If you want to earn or secure a seat in the college of your choice, you have to write a compelling admission essay first. Put yourself in the shoes of the admission board of the college and see how they evaluate college admission applications. The members of the admission board are experienced people and they have to evaluate hundreds of applications. They are mostly dreaded having to read more boring essays. They don’t want to learn any bore essays yet they have to. They usually evaluate the quality of the essay by going through the introduction. If it is interesting, they will gladly read and consider the application.
Following are some critical mistakes that applicants should avoid to improve the chances of gaining admission into their dream college.
• Essay writing is no doubt very demanding, especially if it is written for the purpose of gaining admission. The essay should be tailed in accordance with the situation. Since this essay is for acquiring admission, it is important that you consider the elements that admission officers seek in an individual. What sorts of special qualities the college seeks in the individual? What type of attitude they want? By learning all these elements you then decide whether to approach them in a persuasive manner or not. Majority of students don’t consider this important step and fail to acquire the admission.
• Second most critical mistakes students make is submitting the application without check whether the grammatical errors or spelling errors in the essay are corrected or not. It is necessary that the admission essay should be proofread at least twice. No matter if it is revised by you or by someone else, it is necessary that the proofreader knows how it is done properly.
• Most students also use the application as a list of their accomplishments. It is although necessary to list your accomplishments to tell the reader how good you are as a student and as an individual. However, it should not seem like bragging.
• The tone used in the admission essay should be reader-appropriate. Do not just use any writing tone you want but use the tone keeping in view your readers. Use persuasive or convincing tone in the essay and avoid aggressive tone.
• Last but not least, keep tabs on the language you use in the admission essay. Keep in mind that it should not involve any political or insensitive language.