Personal statement is the most significant part of your MBA application. The quality of your personal statement can make or break your chances of getting into the university you desire. The university’s admission board demands a great deal of important things from an individual’s statement. They want to know more about the applicants such as who they are, what are their end goals and most importantly, whether they will be able to fit perfectly with the university or not. Through these statements, the admission board also determines how proficiently a student can express his thoughts to the readers. Therefore, you ought to allocate an ample amount of time to your statement. Make it a clear booklet that communicates your inspiration, motivation and goals in a compelling manner. Keep reading to find out how you can do that efficiently.
• As it is said earlier you need to assign a great deal of time to your MBA application. Most MBA veterans advise students to start working on their essays 4 or 5 weeks before the deadline. Although you may not require the whole 5 weeks but still it will give you plenty of time write the personal statement efficiently, i.e., without any troubles.
• Although some people advice that students should do brainstorming before starting these essays. However, if you take a brief look at these statements you will see that you don’t require any sort of brainstorming. It is because these papers present a summary of your skills, motivation for the subject, your goal and experience. So, realise your motivational factors, goals and experience so that you can incorporate these important elements in your essay and make it attractive.
• Realise what qualities you have that make you a perfect leader and an ideal candidate for the field you are pursuing. A good MBA is always a good leader, coordinator, decision maker and a proficient problem solver. If you have these qualities then go ahead and mention them in your personal statement.
• Be straightforward and succinct when expressing your future goals. It is highly important that you need to present it in a convincing manner. Let the admission committee understand clearly what you really accomplish to do with your MBA.
• Read your statement thoroughly. Spend a couple of hours to polish it to perfection. Also ensure that there are no errors in the essay as it may damage its quality.